MOUNT ST. MARY'S (9-12, 4-6 NEC) at WAGNER (12-9, 6-4 NEC)
Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 7 p.m.
Spiro Sports Center, Staten Island, N.Y.
Television: ESPN3, FCS Pacific, MASN (Tape Delay at 11:30 p.m.)
* Rashad Whack poured in a career-high 35 points to lead the Mount to a 91-82 win over Sacred Heart on Saturday. Whack scored 23 points in the first half to help the Mount race to a 50-27 lead at the break. Sacred Heart whittled the lead down to seven in the final minute, but could get no closer. Freshman Shivaughn Wiggins added 13 points and six assists in the victory.
* Junior guard Rashad Whack scored a career-high 35 points in the Mount's 91-82 win at Sacred Heart. He is the first Mount player to score 35 or more points in a game since Landy Thompson scored 35 at Quinnipiac on January 10, 2004. Thompson was also the last Mount player to top 30 points, scoring 32 against Saint Francis (Pa.) on Feb. 21, 2005.
* The Mount is averaging 33.7 free throw attempts over the past three games. In the 77-73 win over Quinnipiac, the Mountaineers were 25-of-36 (.694) at the line, setting a season high for both makes and attempts. Prior to the past three games, the Mount was averaging just 12.7 free throw attempts per game as a team.
* Freshman Shivaughn Wiggins, named NEC Rookie of the Week for the third time on Monday, has given the Mount offense a lift, averaging 14.3 points over the past six games. He is shooting 55.8 percent from the field, 83.3 percent from three-point range, and 73.7 percent at the foul line over that stretch.
* The Mount is 3-10 on the road this season, including a 1-4 mark in Northeast Conference games. The Mount's last road win was an 80-75 victory at Central Connecticut State on January 19.
Up Next: The Mount travels to Saint Francis (Pa.) on Saturday, February 9, for a 7:00 p.m. contest.